|Minapattu Recipe | Minapattu Dosa | Plain Dosa | Plain Minapa Dosa|
1 cup whole urad dal (Minapappu)
2 cups of rice
1/2 cup of chana dal (senagapappu)
1 tb sp of methi seeds
- Wash and soak urad dal, rice, chana dal and methi seeds together in lots of water for about 5-6 hours.
- Drain water and grind them to a smooth batter, not too thick nor too watery. Add water while grinding for the batter to turn smooth.
- Transfer the batter to a vessel, cover it and leave it overnight for fermentation.
- The quantity of batter increases by morning. Add 1 tb sp of salt to the batter, mix well. Now the batter is ready for making dosas.
- Place and heat a dosa pan (skillet) on the stove. Pour a laddle full of batter on the pan and spread into thin round shape as shown below. Move the laddle in circular shape till the batter turns into thin round shape. Sprinkle 1/2 tsp of oil on the sides and allow to cook till dosa turns to golden brown in color.
- Turn dosa to the other side as shown below and allow to cook for few seconds. Keeping dosa for a long while on the pan would turn dosa to be more crisper so make sure you dont over cook them.
- Reverse dosa again, fold into two halves and serve hot with chutney.